I appreciate you taking the time to learn more about my psychotherapy practice. I hope that in exploring this site you will get an idea of how I approach the processes of healing and growth.
Decades of research have shown that therapy is generally effective in addressing a wide range of issues. In my practice, I have consistently helped clients:
- Reduce anxiety and discover ways to better manage the demands of contemporary life.
- Change self-limiting patterns of thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
- Heal old emotional wounds.
- Develop more meaningful and intimate relationships.
- Show up in the world in more full, authentic and effective ways.
One of the perspectives I hold is that therapy presents an opportunity beyond resolving problems. Something remarkable tends to happen when, in our search for solutions, we turn toward ourselves with a sense of curiosity and attention. This inward turn coupled with the use of mindfulness can initiate a profound journey of self-discovery or deepen one that is already underway. This journey is different for everyone, but a common feature is a move toward a new, often unexpected, sense of wholeness and well-being.
I invite you to send me an email or give me a call with any questions you may have. Also, I recognize the importance and sometimes the challenge of finding a therapist who feels like a good match. To help you determine if I am the right person for you, I am happy to schedule a free 20 minute phone consultation.